Wireless communications systems and devices
Integrating wireless communications has been shown to improve product functionality. But with many technologies on offer, choosing the right system can have a major impact on the success of the product.
The proliferation of smart phones and the nascent Internet of Things is driving constant evolution. The wireless technology landscape is continuously developing with new solutions. Applications include data logging, smart metering, health monitoring, environmental monitoring and wearable technologies.
End users demand solutions that provide tangible benefits with a very short learning curve. It’s therefore vital that manufacturers choose and implement the right technologies in a way that best meets the user’s needs.
However, as wireless technologies become more complex, the implementation becomes ever more challenging.
A complete wireless system also needs to provide useful battery life or include energy harvesting to recharge the battery from the surrounding environment. Meanwhile, the implementation of the antenna system can severely degrade the user experience even when the product appears to work well at other times.
We can help
- Proof of Principle demonstrators
- Re-configurable platform technology demonstrators
- Product development from concept to Transfer to Manufacture
- Post production support
- Evaluation of existing solutions to identify improvements in reliability and performance
- Independent expert advice to guide selection of technologies best matched to your business need
- Close integration of wireless data transfer with optimised antenna, charging technology and sensors
We have in-depth experience in wide range of wireless technologies, including:
- Cellular communications
- Paging systems
- Satellite communications
- Optical links
- Short range radio
- Antenna systems
We support this with a full range of complementary expertise:
- User centred design
- Wireless charging
- Sensors and Instrumentation
- Product design
- Design for Manufacture